Operations and Communications Associate
To apply, please email your resume to Michelle at email@example.comLearn More
Operations & Communications Associate
Nia is an innovative women-led impact investment firm investing at the intersection of social justice and environmental sustainability. We are dedicated to climate justice and to creating change by empowering women and BIPOC communities in investing. Nia currently offers a mutual fund NIAGX and two separately managed accounts (the Nia Global Solutions portfolio and Nia Growth and Dividend portfolio), and will launch a US strategy focused on racial justice later this year.
Women and People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. If you know you would bring value to our team, even if you don’t feel you meet all of the requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Communications Associate to support the growth of our women-led firm. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high performance team and gain first-hand experience with an impact investment firm dedicated to social justice and environmental sustainability. As an Associate, your first responsibility will be to support our communications efforts via emails and calendaring for the team. You will demonstrate the dedication, professionalism, and attention to detail required to nurture and grow our client base. In addition to communications responsibilities, you will also take on a variety of important tasks including communications with portfolio companies for engagement efforts, investor reporting, social media postings, and managing various office operations.
We are seeking a talented individual with a strong commitment to support mission-driven investing efforts, and the skill set and determination to do exceptionally high-quality work. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the discipline and drive to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. We value teamwork, honesty, positivity and high moral standards. Prior experience in executive support or social media marketing is preferred.
Title: Operations & Communications Associate
Type: Full Time
Application Window: Open until filled
Who we are:
We are a women led team of activist investors with various professional backgrounds, driven by the Nia vision/mission, using our voice to create change.
Fun team outings and virtual gatherings
Strong learning environment
We take pride in our work
Commitment to Impact:
We are an activist firm and use our investor voice to foster systems change.
B Corp Certified, GEN Certified,1% for the Planet member
Committed to building the inclusive, diverse, and equitable financial systems we want to see
Who you are:
Flexible, ability to be nimble and balance priorities
1-3 years prior experience in executive support, marketing, or communications is preferred.
Primary purpose for position
This position was created to provide high-level administrative support and overall office support to the CEO and to the growing Nia team. This position will be responsible for overseeing our email communications and our growing customer pipeline. This position will also be responsible for performing research, creating and editing written materials, and supporting special projects such as gender lens corporate research and social media campaigns. Specific responsibilities range from general administrative duties to grants administration, organizing calendars and client meetings, and client relationship management. This position will play a key role in Nia’s broader communication efforts such as email campaigns, creating and maintaining CRM databases, coordinating client meetings, writing follow up emails, and maintaining company research data.
- Serve as a trusted resource and gatekeeper for the CEO including calendar management. travel and hotel arrangements, meetings and event coordination
- Manage email inboxes
- Maintain executive’s calendar & contact by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences
- Prepare for meetings and presentations by preparing reports, spreadsheets, and agendas
- Transcribe meetings
- Organize and maintain file system and other record
- Email campaigns
- Social media copywriting and visual content creation
- Create marketing materials and collateral
- Maintain and update the Nia website
- Support the maintenance of CRM database; entering, tracking and updating contacts, including data entry and business card processing.
- Organize research on our portfolio company impact, coordinate the writing and promotion of impact reports.
- Coordinate company activism efforts and records, including company engagement, shareholder proposal filing and coordination, liaising with our activism partners at Whistle Stop Capital
- Work with the CEO and other staff to plan, coordinate and implement occasional Nia events and activities such as Impactful Women gatherings, yearly anniversary celebrations, investor breakfasts, Impact Happy Hour, etc.
- Assist in maintaining Nia corporate records, including managing and tracking investment company updates
- Assist with foundation activities including issuing and monitoring grant checks from foundation, tracking and updating company and foundation memberships
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong commitment to social justice and environmental sustainability
- Desire and commitment to excellence
- Relevant office experience preferred
- IT systems knowledge, aptitude, and interest in supporting the technology needs of a growing organization
- Self starter, problem solver, strong attention to detail and follow-through on responsibilities. Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the Nia team
- Able to work occasional evenings or weekends for special events
- Positive and professional demeanor with solid interpersonal skills and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to track, manage, and prioritize time effectively while working on multiple assignments with ownership
- Team player with warm and open communication style
- Advanced skills in the Google Suite. Experience with Canva, Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), Wealthbox, or similar software is a plus.
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Wellness Stipend
- 401k plan with employer match
- 2 weeks of PTO in the first year, unlimited PTO after one year, twelve days of paid holidays
- Additional holiday PTO during the last week of the year
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nia Impact Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.