Nia is an innovative women-led impact investment firm dedicated to creating change by investing at the intersection of social justice and environmental sustainability.
Women and People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. If you know you would bring value to our team, even if you don’t feel you meet all of the requirements, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking a Equities Analyst to contribute to research and analysis for the Nia Global Solutions public equities portfolios as well as our new Racial Justice portfolio.
Join a collaborative , high-production team empowering investors to align their assets with the next, just, sustainable and inclusive economy.
This position is focused on public equities research and analysis, requires problem-solving expertise and a broad knowledge of the stock market, and awareness of how environmental and social factors can be brought into financial analysis.
The person hired for this position will be curious, have a keen interest in global trends, news events, as well as the sustainability and social justice trends shaping the financial industry and impact investing space.
A successful candidate for this role will be open to learning and able to solve complex problems as they arise, whether it be addressing the financial implications of a complicated business structure or coming up with a personalized solution for a research or accounting dilemma.
The ideal team member has excellent communication skills, with demonstrated success in
creating impactful, meaningful written and oral presentations. The person hired for this role will have the opportunity to engage in speaking events, contribute to webinars, and high level client meetings, that include presenting financial jargon in simple and relatable terms.
This analyst is a self-starter with the discipline and drive to work effectively in a fast-paced, systems changing and fully remote environment, who is excited to achieve team goals.
Position Description: Equities Analyst
Type: Full Time
Location: Fully remote at this time, with periodic team meetings in Oakland, California
Application Window: Open until filled
Salary Range: 75,000-95,000 based on experience
Who we are:
We are a women led team of activist investors with various professional backgrounds, driven by the Nia vision/mission, using our voice to create change
Fun team outings and virtual gatherings
Strong learning environment
We take pride in our work
Commitment to Impact:
We are an activist firm and use our investor voice to foster systems change.
GEN Certified, B Corp Certified
Committed to building the inclusive, diverse, and equitable financial systems we want to see
Who you are:
Flexible, ability to be nimble and balance priorities
1-3 years prior experience as a public equity analyst is preferred, though not required
Investment Research and Analysis
- Research securities of target industries and companies to provide investment recommendations
- Collect and interpret company data to facilitate recommendations
- Develop and write thought pieces and publications to be presented to management or shareholders
- Financial modeling: create charts with supporting material
- Work with other members of the Nia team to create quarterly and annual impact reports
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial services industry happenings and current events
- Conduct primary research from industry sources
- Work with the portfolio managers to analyze financial data and public records of companies, and use this analysis to determine the value of companies and to predict the companies’ future financial pictures
- Draft research reports, projections, and recommendations concerning companies and stocks
- Identify relationships between a company’s fiscal behavior and marketplace performance
- Update databases to provide external advisors with access to recent Nia metrics, quarterly and as requested
- Contribute to Nia’s marketing materials, including updating the Quarterly Fact Sheet
- Contribute to the development of new offerings including a US based Racial Justice Portfolio
- Capacity for innovation and an excitement to see Nia portfolios evolve and grow to creatively address the needs of a just, sustainable and inclusive economy.
- Basic analytic ability and enthusiasm to work collegially as part of a team, analyzing companies, their environments, and drawing conclusions
- Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics are preferred fields of study, though all backgrounds will be considered
- Ability to communicate effectively and express complex ideas succinctly
- Ability to build successful relationship both internally, cross-functionally, and with clients
- Work in a pivotal role that involves the responsibility of providing information to business management, which is then used in making important investment decisions
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines under minimal supervision
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word is required
- Proficiency in Bloomberg or Thomas Reuters, or other data mining software is an asset.
- Ability to be creative in how to research and find company data is a must.
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Wellness Stipend
- Flexible work policy: some flex hours and opportunity to work from home
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- 2 weeks of PTO in the first year, unlimited PTO after one year, 12 days of paid holidays
- Additional holiday PTO during the last week of the year
To Apply: Please go to the application form . We will be collecting resumes through mid September and begin interviewing at that time.
Questions: contact email@example.com